Once you become addicted to a substance, you have a life-long struggle ahead. Fortunately, those who have the courage to ask for help are more likely to stay clean and live healthy, drug-free lives. To learn more about drug addiction and how to fight it, take a look at these additional links:
- Life can be very difficult for an addict, even after the initial recovery. For help staying clean, head over to DrugFree.org and read one young woman’s recovery story.
- Are you concerned that your teen may be experimenting with drugs? Read this article from BusinessWeek.com for advice.
- To learn more about post-acute withdrawal syndrome, visit this page from the University of Wisconsin.
- Part of addiction recovery is learning new ways to deal with stress. Take a look at this page from HelpGuide.org for more information.
- Alcoholics Anonymous has helped millions of alcoholics during the past 75 years. To learn more about AA’s history, visit their official website.